Working with the
- Changing the selectorText -
The CodePen stand-alone results
Here a new phenomenon is arriving (compare to the CodePen direct results):
- I went to the Developer Tool, took "Edit as HTML" of the
<style>part, changed the selector
.compositionand closed the editor.
- Result in Firefox, Chrome and Opera: the initial selectorText list (above the button) did not change, as expected.
And the updated selectorText list (under the button) did add the
a:active, as expected.
the updated selectorText list (under the button) did not display the
- And IE-11 did nothing: not display the initial selectorText and not display the updated selectorText.
- Online/offline: no difference.
- The CodePen was not telling the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.
- Time to make a fresh test page, in which we can see the CSS changes themselves (applied or not) in a more real-world example.